Over the last 4 years I have been lucky enough to teach over 1,000 students in the areas of digital and traditional marketing in both CIT and UCC. These students have ranged in age from 15 to 65 and in each case there was a common ground. They loved to hear stories. Anytime I spoke about my industry experience, anytime I brought someone in from industry and anytime I brought in a live case study the students came alive.
I felt this on its own was a great way to develop continuous learning especially for those who are no longer in 3rd level education but also for businesses who are doing it on a day to day basis. This idea was backed up by many individuals who had already graduated but wanted to continue to develop their skills in marketing. A lot of them said that Cork was lacking enough events to do this.
The aim of 24 stories will be to bring people together in small classroom type environments and cover 4 key topics each month.
Balance is the key to success and I honestly believe that students & graduates can learn from individuals & businesses. The opposite also applies as in one case you have hands on experience where as the other side you have academic experience.
- To qualify for students you will have to be currently studying at some form of third level institute.
- A graduate is anyone who has graduated from a third level institute in the last 24 months.
- An Individual can be anyone including sole traders or business owners who will not be sending any other employee.
- A business will have the flexibility of changing the person who attends the events. So if someone is on holidays they can replace them with another employee
Thanks to Fearghal Kelly CEO @DigisoftTV for giving a great talk today on why TV is so important for the tech giants and the rise of digital voice assistants #24storiestribe pic.twitter.com/FYmXR4xXaT
— 24storiestribe (@24storiestribe) November 30, 2018
During the year members will be able to attend:
- 8 Talks
- 4 Workshops
- 2 Conferences
All of the talks will take place at The Blue Suite which is above Warren Allen Coffee on Maylor Street right in the heart of Cork City. The workshops and conferences will take place at various locations.
Really enjoyed the first event of @24storiestribe yesterday!
Started out with @mariegtoft sharing her knowledge on video and an emotional connection with your customer.
— Pamela Kiely (@_pamelakiely) November 21, 2018
The talks will take place at various times throughout the week to give people options. Talks will last for 2 hours with a 24 minute coffee break in between to give people a chance to network. There will be a maximum of 4 talks each month and members will get an option to pick which one they would like to attend based on a first come first served basis as each talk will only have a capacity of 24.
Across the year workshops will be announced of which you can attend a total of 4 in the year. There will be 2 conferences every year in March and September (TBC) that will be also open to the public via tickets. But remember 24 stories members will get to attend the conference for free.
Across the year we will have storytellers coming in to talk from a variety of backgrounds
- Creativity will look at graphics, video, the spoken word, performance and much more
- Insights will look at case studies, data, analytics and much more
- Digital Marketing will look at Google, SEO, Social Media, Email Marketing and much more
- Traditional Marketing will look at Print, Radio, TV, Cinema, Outdoor, PR and much more.
So you might be wondering what is the cost of all of this…. well it is:
- €120 + VAT for Students (Currently studying at any level)
- €240 + VAT for Graduates (Graduated from any course over the last 24 months)
- €360 + VAT for Individuals
- €480 +VAT for Businesses
If you don’t like reading all the text above you can watch the video